Primorsk State Agricultural Institute was founded on the 1st of October, 1957 on the basis of Yaroslavskiy Institute of Agriculture (1944). In 1997 it got the status of Academy and became Federal State Budget Establishment of Higher Professional Training “Primorskaya State Academy of Agriculture”.
The Academy consists of five institutes:
Land Management Institute trains specialists in agronomy; technology of farm produce production and processing; agroecology, land management, recultivation, land protection.
Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Institute trains specialists in zoo engineering, veterinary medicine, veterinary-sanitary expertise and it has some specializations: technology of meat and milk processing; kinology; diseases of small, decorative and wild animals.
Forestry Institute trains specialists in forestry and gives specialization in game biology.
Engineering Institute trains specialists in farm engineering and mechanization of farm produce processing, engineer systems of water supply, irrigation and drainage.
The Institute of Professional Retraining carries out staff retraining and gives the possibility of receiving the second higher education and professional retraining with the right of working in a chosen sphere of activity.
At present about 3200 full time and more than 1900 students on correspondence are trained at the Academy.
There are 30 departments at the Academy and more than 10 structural divisions; among them there is the Experimental and Training Farm which has 300 ha of arable land and Forestry Farm with 29.000 ha of the first category forests and also there is diagnostic center of animal diseases and veterinary clinic.
The process of training and education involves about 376 teachers; among them there are academicians (21 members of different Academies), 25 honored workers of Higher Education, 39 doctors (professors), and 180 candidates of sciences (associate professors).
The structure of educational process is always being developed in the Academy. Rating and credit systems are being involved in the educational process. Students’ knowledge assessment is being done by tests and computer technologies.
At the moment our Academy develops international relations with both with neighboring countries (China, The Republic of Korea, Japan, Mongolia and others) and with European countries (Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Poland and others).
The students of the Academy have all possibilities to receive additional qualification of “Interpreter of English in the sphere of professional communication” and thanks to it the students and the academy staff take an active part in the Erasmus Mundus program and can undergo practical training abroad.
Annually academy specialists take part in international scientific conferences, workshops, fairs, exhibitions in its turn foreign specialists make reports and read lectures for the students and the faculty of our Academy.
Faculties of Primorsk State Agricultural Academy:
Primorsk State Agricultural Institute has 3 student hostels. There is separate accommodation for Indian boys and girls, University hostels offer shared and private rooms. In both cases, Primorsk State Agricultural Institute hostel rooms you can generally count on about 9 square meters of personal space furnished with a bed, table, and cabinet. In the dorm or nearby there are also generally cafeterias, snack bars, and/or cafes. The campus in Wi-Fi enabled and students can avail free internet. Student life at the Primorsk State Agricultural Institute and also the City of Primorsk itself is friendly has multiple interesting possibilities and can be quite enjoyable. The University encourages students to celebrate their national festivals. Spectacular performances with folk songs and dances which are part of such celebration are admired by both students and academic staff.
Ussuriysk is a city in Primorsky Krai, Russia, located in the fertile valley of the Razdolnaya River, 98 kilometers (61 mi) north of Vladivostok, the administrative center of the krai, and about 60 kilometers (37 mi) from both the China–Russia border and the Pacific Ocean. Population: 158,004 (2010 Census); 157,759 (2002 Census); 158,016 (1989 Census).
The central part of the city, including Lenina, Chicherina, Krasnoznamyonnaya, and Ageyeva Streets, is of historic value. The city’s oldest hotel was constructed in 1880. Lenina St., which houses the city’s oldest movie-theater Grand-Illyuzion, was built in 1908.
On the central square there is a monument to the Red Guards and partisans, who died in the battles at Ussuriysk in June 1918. A monument to Vladimir Lenin is on the Railway Station Square.
Steam locomotive YeL 629 is set on plinth as a memorial to three Bolshevik revolutionaries (Lazo, Lutsky, and Sibirtsev) who were allegedly burned alive by the White Guards in its firebox in 1920.
The Intercession Church at #80A Chicherina St. was built in 1914. It is the only religious building in the krai that has been kept without any reconstruction since 1917 and is used for its original purpose.
Make online application to any russian university with RUSVUZ
Get guarantee invitation letter from any university of Russian Federation with RUSVUZ
Get guarantee visa in the nearest embassy
Come to Russian University and get excellent education