SFedU traces its history back to 1915. Many students have already had the opportunity to appreciate the advantages of studying at SFedU, some of which are listed below.
– The deserved top place occupied by SFedU in the academic rankings of Russian universities; the well-established traditions maintained by SFedU in the area of education and research; the image which is positive and looks attractive to the prospective applicant
– Diverse opportunities of postgraduate and further education; the well-developed network of university branches in the South of Russia
– A leading position in the area of innovations and research; integration of research into education; a winning combination of fundamental and applied research; highly reputed schools of thought; open-minded and creative teaching staff; up-to-date research facilities and appliances; collaboration with the Russian Academy of Sciences and international research facilities
– Extensive supportive infrastructure for increased efficiency of professional and research training (Research & Education Centers, Centers providing public access to research facilities, scientific journals published by SFedU, SFedU Publishing Center, etc.)
– Great diversity and flexibility of study programsSFedU applicants can pick and choose from a range of Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate degree programs in a broadest range of sciences and humanities: history, philosophy, art, economics, law, psychology, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science. Each program contains a number of core courses, but apart from them students can choose between elective courses. It is also possible to apply for several programs
– Up-to-date research facilities and opportunities for young researchers
SFedU is proud of its numerous research institutes dating back to the Soviet era, but equipped with cutting-edge facilities. SFedU researchers strive to exchange experience with foreign colleagues and frequently visit international conferences. High Scopus citation score bears evidence to the importance of our scientific publications.
– Well-established century-old traditions maintained by SFedU
SFedU history dates back to 1915, and since then the university has gained a strong reputation for the achievements of its faculty and researchers, as well as students and graduates. Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is among them.
– The global stength of our reputation and qualifications. International dimension
SFedU strives to make sure that all the study programs we offer are kept in line with international standards and the principles of the Bologna Declaration. Many programs have undergone international accreditation. SFedU maintains partnership links with numerous highly-reputed universities and research centers worldwide. We foster diversity and welcome international exchange and cooperation.
Southern Federal University (SFedU), along with Siberian Federal University, was founded as the pilot project of new federal universities establishments. Currently, there are only ten federal universities in Russia. SFedU embraces four former higher educational establishments of the Rostov region: Rostov State University tracing back to 1915 the year Imperial Warsaw University was transferred to the city of Rostov; Rostov State Teachers Training University formed in 1930 out of the Teachers Training Faculty within North Caucasian University; Taganrog State Radio Engineering University founded in 1952; and Rostov State Academy of Architecture and Art formed in 1988 on the basis of the Faculty of Architecture within Rostov Civil Engineering Institute.
Faculties of Rostov State University “Chemical Faculty”:
Dorms consist of eight rooms per floor, with 2-3 people per room. Each floor also has one kitchen and two toilets, and the basement has a shower. Students cannot select their own rooms. We encourage students to apply early, as the number of rooms are limited. Some students may not be comfortable with dorm rules, as they are often considered strict.
All Dormitories have the following facilities:
Rostov-on-Don or Rostov-na-Donu is the largest city in the south of Russia, the capital of the Rostov region and the Southern Federal District. It is a major administrative, cultural, scientific, educational, and industrial center and a major transport hub of southern Russia.
Informally, Rostov-on-Don is called “the Gate to the Caucasus” and the southern capital of Russia.
The City Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of September.
Rostov-on-Don stands on the banks of the Don River, about 46 km east of the Azov Sea and 1,070 km south of Moscow. The climate is temperate continental. The average temperature in January is minus 3 degrees Celsius, in July – plus 23.4 degrees Celsius.
Rostov-on-Don has a specific unique outlook because of its rich historical and cultural heritage. There are about 1,000 objects of cultural heritage in the city, including 482 architectural monuments (16 monuments of history and culture of federal importance), 70 archaeological monuments, 8 large memorial complexes, 106 monuments, and about 400 memorial plaques.
It is a major transport hub of the southern part of European Russia: several highways of federal and regional importance, the railway “St. Petersburg – Rostov-on-Don – Caucasus”, a navigable waterway from the center of Russia to the Black Sea. Also, there is an international airport in the city (regular flights to Moscow and St. Petersburg).
Rostov-on-Don is a large educational and scientific center of Russia. Southern Federal University is one of the largest universities in the country (about 56 thousand students).
Also, the city is one of the largest jazz centers of the country. It has become a tradition to hold the following art festivals: “Donskaya vesna” (“Don spring”), “Mini-fest”, “Russian comedy” and international jazz festivals.
Make online application to any russian university with RUSVUZ
Get guarantee invitation letter from any university of Russian Federation with RUSVUZ
Get guarantee visa in the nearest embassy
Come to Russian University and get excellent education
Complete this form and we'll contact you shortly with all details